Thursday 27 December 2007

One is lost, but maybe one is saved.

Overcast, light snow, high near zero

Can't believe Benazir Bhutto is dead. I'm really quite shaken. It would be foolish to be completely stunned, given previous attempts on her life, but still, one lives in hope. Poor Pakistan, what will become of her? Dreadful.

Doug, his ex, Mary, their three kids and their dog, Buttercup (the Hound from hell) arrive tomorrow - a day ahead of schedule. We're thrilled. Love them so much. Ran out and bought up the grocery store. All stuff that's bad for kids, and Aunts and Uncles. Then put the groceries in the guest cottage. God Bless the guest cottage!!!

We have a baby deer living over there. Saw her a couple of weeks ago, jumping into the woods. But yesterday she was right on the snowy winding driveway into the cottage, and she loped about ten feet off the road and hid under a tree. She's so young, and all alone and it broke my heart. I called around when we got home, to Anthony and Wayne and other old timers about what can be done to help the deer. It's unusual to find one alone, and so young at this time since most are born in the spring.

The options outlined by Wayne and Tony are: leave it alone. It's survived this long. Besides, Nature must take its course. OR, feed it apples. Not many - it still needs to forage for itself, you don't want it to grow dependent. But just enough to supplement it's diet and help it along.

So among all the treat for the kids we bought apples and spread them along the driveway.

I feel foolish for caring so much - and I know Nature will have Her way. But there is so much pain in this world I can't help - seeing Madame Bhutto die. Maybe this is one I can help. Maybe. I guess all I can do is my best, and leave it up to a higher power to decide.

I'll let you know what happens. Be well.

No comments: